A Liebster award is a really cool way of highlighting new awesome blogs, and getting to know the blogger(s) who were nominated. Along with my nomination, CurlyGirlAbroad asked me for 11 random facts about me, and the following questions:
11 Random Facts
- I have an old camera collection.
- I’ve been invited to Buckingham Palace.
- I’m a huge sci-fi, comic and fantasy nerd (Firefly, Neil Gaiman, Avengers, Daredevil, Doctor Who, GOT, Gotham, Harry Potter, LOTR etc).
- Definitely Team Marvel (sorry, DC).
- I can’t drive.
- I want a library room when I eventually settle down and get a house.
- I never really play sims properly but I love building houses on it.
- I’m obsessed with crime shows (Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Sherlock etc).
- I’ve got 1 tattoo and 7 piercings.
- I used to live by the beach and I miss it!
- I’m teaching myself Web Design.
- What was your favourite subject in high school?
History. Easily. I had a fantastic teacher when I was aged 12-15 and I ended up doing Ancient History for my degree.
- What was the subject you disliked the most?
Chemistry. My brain’s definitely a creative one.
- Are you religious?
Not particularly (I just meditate). It really interests me though, and I like learning about different religions and visiting places of religious significance.
- Who are the people who are the most important in your life?
Family and my best friends. Easy.
- Are you a vegetarian?
Nope, but I don’t really eat much meat.
- Do you support any organisations such as Greenpeace, Plan International…?
I support too many to name. The first organisation I remember supporting from a really young age is the RNLI, which is all about lifeboats and saving lives at sea. I have an even greater appreciation for them now I’ve lived at sea!
- What do you like most about yourself?
I’m a solidly content and chill person. Genuinely can’t remember the last time I lost my temper. All about the happy vibes here.
- What do you like the least about yourself?
I’m pretty at peace with myself to be honest. If I could I guess I would take off four or five inches of my height. I’m 6ft. Yeah.
- You favourite flavour of ice cream?
I can’t really eat ice cream anymore (which sucks) but I used to love Ben and Jerry’s. Also I had coffee and chocolate soya gelato in Rome last year and it was LIFE CHANGING.
- Candy or chocolate?
Again, shouldn’t really eat chocolate, but chocolate still wins.
- What is the nicest gift you’ve received?
I’ve had lots of travel related gifts which were awesome. Also one or two sentimental ones. It’s hard to pick just one!
My Nominations and Questions
- What’s the best travel experience you’ve ever had?
- Has there ever been a country/city that you’ve travelled to and it’s surprised you? Why?
- What languages can you speak?
- What’s the number one thing to do/see on your bucket list?
- Name something you can’t travel without.
- If you could go back and give yourself one bit of advice before you started blogging, what would it be?
- Name a song that always brings back a favourite travel memory
- If you could plan the ideal, no-money-worries roadtrip, what would it be?
- What’s the most inspirational film or book you’ve ever seen/read?
- Who is your favourite stranger you met whilst travelling? How did you meet?
- Do you still see yourself travelling in twenty years?